Monday, March 4, 2024
CSI Atlanta Chapter Monthly Meeting
Sonesta Atlanta Northwest Galleria
6345 Powers Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339
Schedule of Events:
5:30 - Tech Session and Dinner
6:30 - 7:00 PM - Networking
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - “Solar Roof Systems - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly”
Rooftop mounted solar systems are rapidly becoming more popular as the demand for alternative energy continues to grow. These systems must be designed, installed, and maintained properly to perform well and minimize any potential problems and failures. The attendees will learn the following:
- The history of rooftop solar, market segments and the reasons for strong industry growth.
- Solar basics and the applications for low and steep slope commercial roofing.
- Common mistakes that can cause failures of rooftop solar systems.
- Important points to consider before you decide on a system.
- New developments that can eliminate most of the concerns around a solar roof installation.
This presentation will qualify for 1 AIA LU/HSW credit.
The seminar is FREE for the first (10) GARCA members that register. SOLD OUT. Otherwise, the cost is $45.
Solar Roof Systems Presented by John S. Robinson, CSI/CDT GRP RRO
John Robinson has been with Sika Roofing Systems for over 25 years. He currently holds the position of Education and Healthcare facilities mgr. for GA. And FL. John has over 35 years of experience in the roofing and waterproofing industry and has held sales and technical positions with both national and regional firms. John is an active member in many organizations including CSI and IIBEC. He currently resides in Johns Creek GA with his family.